On 11/8/20 12:29 AM, Shawn Creighton wrote:

On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 2:31:25 AM UTC-5 a...@qubes-os.org wrote:

On 11/7/20 11:24 PM, Shawn Creighton wrote:

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 11:55:47 PM UTC-5 a...@qubes-os.org
wrote:

On 11/7/20 7:25 PM, Shawn Creighton wrote:

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 6:26:13 PM UTC-5 Jarrah wrote:

I tried running 'dnf install qubes-template-fedora-32' as root and
get:

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-dom0-cached', disabling.
No package qubes-template-fedora-32 available
Error: unable to find a match
Also tried: sudo qubes-dom0-install qubes-template-fedora-32 and get
the
same output
`sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-32` is the command you
want. The update script wraps all installs and updates in Dom0 on
Qubes.

"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora.
Please verify its path and try again"

Make sure you're running this command in dom0, not in a TemplateVM.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/#installing

The terminal I am running from the upper left corner menu says dom0
When I run the command it says: Using sys-whonix as UpdateVM to download
updates for Dom0; this may take some time
But then the cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: fedora. error

Based on your other posts in addition to this, it sounds like there may
be a problem with your internet connection, proxy settings, or UpdateVM.
Can you access the internet normally from, e.g., a web browser in an
AppVM?

Internet is working ok in all AppVm.
I tried updating a qube by clicking the UpdateVM blue arrow in Qubes
Manager and I get: Curl error (56): failure when receiving data from
peer....[Received HTTP code 500 from proxy after Connect]
Someone said something about using a VPN to get around it but that's a
whole other issue to get that working
I also read a post about editing something so the repositories use a http
connection rather than https but haven't tried that

Definitely sounds like some kind of network-related issue (possibly including firewall, updates proxy, etc.). Have you made any modifications to your system that might affect these things? Did anything else happen at the same time that it stopped working?

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS