On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 07:21:25PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> 'M' via qubes-users:
> > I have received this file from a administrator at my workplace:
> > "Maple2020.1LinuxX64Installer.run" which I have downloaded to my work
> > domain.
> >
> > My question is then: How can I install Maple in a Fedora-30 template in
> > Qubes OS R4.0. ... ?
> >
> Don't know Maple specifically, but if it's like most packages, you qvm-copy
> it to the template, then install it there. Be aware it will then be
> "installed" in all AppVMs based on that template.

If you're looking for specific advice on how to install it, the first
thing to do is to check what *sort* of file it is. You can do this using
the `file` command.
But from the "run" suffix, I'm guessing it's an installer script. You
would need to check that it is executable by running `ls -l`, or make it
so using `chmod +x`

I don't know Maple: you may or may not be able to install it in a
template. If it is intended to be installed in the home directory, then
you should run it in /etc/skel in the template and install it there.
Then it will appear in the /home/user directory in qubes created from
that template.
Otherwise install it in the home directory in a qube. You can always
clone that to other qubes.

When you've determined the best approach, please document it here so
other users can benefit from your experience.