On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 1:44 PM adrian...@gmail.com <adrianshar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hardware:
> PRIME B460M-A
> Intel® Core™ i7-10700 Processor with integrated
> Intel® UHD Graphics 630
>
> Issue Summary:
> Boot mode set to UEFI (there is no legacy GRUB boot option).
> With default installation, the UEFI process hangs with a Panic CPU/Fatal
> Page Fault.
> Editing the BOOTx64.cfg, and commenting out noexitboot and mapbs, it will
> load through the UEFI boot process and then hangs on a black screen.
> I am assuming that it is an issue with the Integrated Graphics (?).
>
> This issue (https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5383)
> describes the issue, but the fixes suggested there have not allowed the
> install to continue.
>
> Disabling the Nouveau driver by adding modprobe.blacklist=nouveau
> rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau to the BOOTx64.cfg file still leaves me stuck
> at the black screen.
>
> Adjusting the options=console=vga to options=console=none results in it
> getting stuck on the initial UEFI bootloader.
>
> Any further suggestions on what I can try to identify

I have an Alienware 17 with Skylake.

Not sure whether the problem is graphics or something to do with SSD. Or
Kernel.

I did discover that I could install Qubes 4.1 rc from September. While this
is not to be “trusted”.  It allows me to try things.  I am basically
waiting for 4.1 final.   Then reinstall that.