On 11/22/20 10:50 AM, River~~ wrote:
hi I have got a new computer working, and it is a model new to Qubes
not just. (Guess who got it cheap on an early bird reduction on
kickstarter then :)

So, I am going to send in the HCA report.

Thank you!

I have produced the .yml
file. It contains some FIXME items. I am unclear: is it up to e to fix
them, or are they a note to whoever processes the report before
posting to the HCA page?

If you can fix them first, that would be a great help! I think it would make things easier for our HCL maintainer. :)

If I have to edit them, what do I use for the "short" items? Am I
reasonably free to abbreviate?

Usually, it's just the model number for that product, e.g., "FX-8320" is short for "AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor". Take a look at the existing entries for examples:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-hcl/tree/master

I am thinking of including the cpio files, but do not want to share a
serial number that they contain. WOuld those files be useful to others
if I edited them so that the serial number reads "Redacted"?

Sure, feel free to redact whatever you like. :)

If you prefer, you can send the cpio files directly to Marek PGP-encrypted (instead of the to the mailing list). See here for more info:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/hcl/#generating-and-submitting-new-reports

Finally, the manufacturer's name shown in the .yml is different from
the name they used on kickstarter. Would it help, or would it cause
confusion, if I added at the end of their name "t/a MinisForum"?

It would be ok, but perhaps including this in the comment field instead would make it more likely that your manufacturer field matches any other reports submitted for products from the same manufacturer.

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS