Soo, I gave it a try and guess what? MS Office artifacts are still there,
with freerdp it is even worse than with native seamless mode. Apparently
(even if I check "turn hardware graphics acceleration off") Office uses
some obscure DirectX calls that translate to X11 in very unpleasant way
that is very unfriendly to window decorator metrics, sloppy focus and
virtual desktops. I remember I had similar problems with Wine/Crossover as
well.

https://imgur.com/ff4QoWM