On 12/13/20 5:17 PM, 'Reece O'Bryan' via qubes-users wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I could run a screen reader in
Qubes. I use Orca with Debian-based systems, would it be possible to do the
same thing?
I do realize that blind people that want privacy or an extremely small
minority. However, I think that people that are blind or that have became blind
such as myself deserve the same right to privacy. :)

Thank you all very much in advance,

-Reece

Hi Reece,

We are interested in implementing screen-reading support and have an open issue about it here:

as Sven mentions there are some technical/security aspects that make it difficult to implement right now, though with a dedicated GUI VM which is on the Qubes roadmap this will be made easier.

Michael