When my computer is laggy key sometimes the UI will freeze for a second, and
then the last key i pressed before it froze will be repeated as if it was held
down the entire time (I like setting my key repeat rather low). Sometimes key
presses are also dropped.

This is really frustrating is there any way to fix this? I haven't had this
problem on other operating systems.