On 12/20/20 4:17 PM, Morten Eyrich wrote:
Okay so if I have been using a https connection, then it's no problem... ?

If they use a wrong certificate for a MITM attack they might decode your connection... It means nobody between you and the "next endpoint" can read your password, but how to ensure what the "next endpoint" really is?

Den søn. 20. dec. 2020 kl. 14.35 skrev unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org <mailto:un...@thirdeyesecurity.org>>:

    On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 01:39:19AM -0800, ME wrote:
     > Lets say I have a compromised router/networkconnection.
     >
     > I use a Qubes OS pc to go on the internet through the compromised
     > router/networkconnection.
     >
     > Is it then possible for the intruder to see the passwords that I
    enter and
     > is being sent through the compromised router/networkconnection ?

    Yes, but only if you send the password in the clear.
    Don't do this. In fact don't do *anything* in the clear.
    Only use encrypted connections - https for web sites, TLS or other
    encryption methods for
    SMTP/POP/IMAP to get mail, ssh, etc, etc.
    Encrypt any valuable data.
    Trust nothing.

    Groups "qubes-users" group.
    send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:qubes-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20201220133542.GD28281%40thirdeyesecurity.org

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20201220133542.GD28281%40thirdeyesecurity.org>.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CANV8zv3%3DqzYZdT0rXxy2Z5rD3LPiU-Q%2BZusDTHYR2G_%2B0LNWmw%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CANV8zv3%3DqzYZdT0rXxy2Z5rD3LPiU-Q%2BZusDTHYR2G_%2B0LNWmw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.