When I inserted my USB storage device in my Qubes OS pc after login to
Qubes OS, their appeared a small transparent window (before I mounted the
USB device to a VM) where I only could see its frame.

I then wondered if it could be caused of a virus that was planted on the
USB storage device that I only have used to transfer files between two
Qubes OS pc's.

And if so, how can I get rid of the virus or rootkit on the Qubes OS pc ?