I try to be organized and make sure all files are in the appvms they are supposed to be but while it works most of the time it doesnt always.

As a result I was wondering if it was possible (aknowledging one would have to trust recoll, its in the fedora repo for what thats worth) if it was possible to install recoll in dom0 and have it search/index files in the different appVMs?

I am also open to using something a bit safer (starting somewhere along the lines of ls -l > bigindexfile.txt maybe?) so any suggestions would be really apprecaited.

It would be nice to have a gui I could search but just grepping a big (compressed?) index file from a dom0 term i guess would be workable?