On 1/28/21 7:57 PM, donoban wrote:
> On 1/28/21 1:02 AM, Jinoh Kang wrote:
>> No, but this patch has been superseded by the latest intel xorg driver.
>> To try it, just enable the current-testing repo and upgrade
>> xorg-x11-drv-intel to at least v2.99.917-49.20210126.
>>
>>     sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing
>> --action=upgrade xorg-x11-drv-intel

>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/6356#issuecomment-765952048
>>

> Hi,
>
> It seems that I had it already installed with standard dom0 updates.
>
> Since I was on doubt, I started running 5.4.91 and I felt some
> strange visual effects compared to 5.4.83 which I was using
> previously.

FWIW this patch only fixes the issue related to the "failed to submit
rendering commands (Bad address)" message and nothing more.

If the issue starts to manifest without such message in the Xorg server
log, then it is highly likely to be platform-specific.

> Also I had a crash when waking up from suspend (I did not
> have one in months or maybe never on this laptop). After the crash I did
> three or four suspend/resume cycles without problems.

This is a news to me.  Has this issue been submitted to the tracker?
If not, can you post it there?

> Today I am testing 5.10.8 and it seems working smooth, better than
> 5.4.83. Sadly I tried to suspend/resume before sending this email and it
> crashed. Then I did it again 4 o 5 five times without problems.

You can collect panic and oops logs with a kernel that has
CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE enabled.  If you don't already have one, you may
build qubes-linux-kernel via qubes-builder with the following line
added to `config-qubes`:

    CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE=y

After booting the kernel, subsequent panic and oops will be recorded
in EFI variables, which will then appear as /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-efi-*
at the next boot.  Also note that the logs may be split into multiple
parts that are numbered in a reversed order.  For more information, see
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/pstore-blk.html

> There are some kernel warnings that maybe help. First does not seem
> related with graphics, it only appears on 5.10.x versions and I think
> that there are one per each processor:
> https://share.riseup.net/#100I-6k6jsi4spX0BhGkzA
>
> The other appears both on 5.4/5.10 with pretty different call trace:
> https://share.riseup.net/#X55SR3mgJPqOndr8Be_IQQ

Thanks for sharing.

> Regards.

- --