I have a service on LAN multicasting UPnP, port 1900. Other devices on
LAN discover the service without problems. My AppVM does not detect it.

Packets from the server looks like "protocol: UDP, port: 1900, source
ip: $SERVER_LAN-IP, destination ip: 239.255.255.250"

How do I make the UPnP multicast reach an AppVM, i.e. how do I forward
the traffic on port 1900 to the relevant VM?

I have played around with
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/#port-forwarding-to-a-qube-from-the-outside-world
but without success. I am not completely new to IPTABLES, but somehow I
lost a point somewhere. When should I use 239.255.255.250 as destination
in iptables commands and should I use the IP of sys-firewall/app-vm.

(this is quite a replica of
https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-users/c/BrbVe6s0aqE/m/ZsGKsMruCAAJ
that didn't receive a follow-up answer)

Best regards,