Yes, I installed kernel-latest-qubes-vm as well, while still using 5.4.90-1
on dom0, and things ran smoothly without much problems, even after several
restarts. I did what you suggested but nothing really happens.
It turns out this is a bug of kernel 5.10.11-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64, which is
being discussed here: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/6377
The bug will be probably fixed already in 5.10.12, the problem is that I
don't see how I can install the upgrade if I cannot launch VMs.

What really puzzles me is that 5.10.11-1 somehow managed to break also
5.4.90-1.qubes.x86_64 and 5.4.91-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.

In any case, elaborating on your hints it turns out that using kernel
5.4.91-1 I can get a shell by doing Ctrl+Alt+F2. I am greeted by a message
saying that X won't start, but at least I can login.
Here I can launch VMs like vault, that have no device assigned (on kernel
5.10.11-1 I cannot launch anything).
Still no hope for sys-net: It says "Unable to reset PCI device <number>: no
FLR,  PM reset or bus reset available, see
/var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for details".
Following the suggestion, the log says "unable to add device with path
<path>", and "libxl_devices_destroy failed for 5".

...If I manage to get internet running, I may download the new, patched
kernel and hopefully be back with a functioning computer. Any clue as what
may be the next steps here?