Rusty Bird:
taran1s:
- TB opens up in disp-VM whonix-ws-15-disp.

In a VM named like disp1234 though, right?

Right.

The welcome page is not Whonix Welcome Page as normally when I open
the TB in the disp VM directly, but instead it opens up the About
Tor welcome page. Is this intended?

Yes, so far so good.

I've configured about:tor as the homepage, because Tor Browser has
been plagued by a bunch of obscure bugs on first startup (which should
be every startup for DisposableVMs) when it's blank or a file:// URL.

- TB opens up in the Security Level: Standard, instead of Safest, as
mentioned in the name of the link (Split Browser (TB Security level:
Safest). [...]

- once I close the TB, the disp VM remains active and needs to be
stopped manually.

Those two are strange. Anything interesting in 'sudo journalctl' on
the DisposableVM?

Can you navigate me how to open the terminal in the active dispvm please?

- At the end, if I save a bookmark in the disp VM TB, launched from
the surfer VM, the bookmark doesnt survive the killing of the disp
VM and is not available from the another disp VM launched from the
surfer VM.

Did you use the hotkeys? Ctrl-d to save a persistent bookmark, and
Alt-b to open the persistent bookmarks list. Other methods (like
clicking the star outline in the address bar, etc.) unfortunately
won't work.

Yes I did. Clicking ctrl-d saves the bookmark with blue Saved to library! popup in the active TB dispVM. alt-b opens up the bookmarks menu and I can see the bookmark. It doesn't but survive the reboot.

This behavior is the same if I execute split-browser in the
terminal, or through the GUI as Split Browser or as Split Browser
(TB Security level: Safest).

So 'split-browser --safest' also opens up on Standard?

Both open on Standard and don't kill the dispvm once switched off. It needs to be stopped manually.

Hmm, maybe try with a freshly created DisposableVM template instead of
whonix-ws-15-disp? I'm definitely interested in debugging this.

Rusty

--
Kind regards
taran1s

gpg: 12DDA1FE5FB39C110F3D1FD5A664B90BD3BE59B3