I installed qubes on a Dell XPS9310. I was using kernel 5.4.90 and sound
was working, but wi-fi did not. So I upgraded to kernel 5.10.13 and now I
have both wifi and sound not working :D

It seems that the sound issues are due to a problem with driver
sof-audio-pci.
In this thread: https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-users/c/Fa65-e8vqdM it
turns out another user was having a similar problem with a dell 9700, which
was apparently solved. Indeed in the thread it is said:

Audio works (with kernel 5.10 and attached kernel base-config patch  +
latest 1.6.1 sof-bin firmware https://github.com/thesofproject/sof-bin and
alsa-ucm-config files.   see
https://blog.fts.scot/2020/07/04/dell-xps-2020-how-to-get-audio-working-on-linux/

for alsa ucm config ).

Unfortunately, I am not technically skilled enough to really understand the
fix. Does it mean that I have to download kernel 5.10 (from were?), apply
the patch provided in the thread (how?), include firmware and config files
(how?) and then compile and install?
As you can see I don't really have a specific question, and I'm more in
search of a few clarifications to understand how to apply an apparently
already available solution. :)

Fab