If the goal is to do screen recording/streaming, one thing you might want
to consider is using OBS on a separate non-Qubes machine, and using a HDMI
capture card to make the Qubes machine's video available to OBS. I've done
a bit of live streaming of Qubes sessions, and this is the simplest
workflow for it that I've found (though it does require additional
hardware). I've never tried installing OBS on dom0, but given how Qubes'
GUI works, it feels like getting it installed would only be the beginning
of the trouble.

(If you do go down that route and are streaming instead of recording,
screensharing an OBS projector window instead of faking the OBS output as a
webcam seems to give best quality, btw.)

It is possible to configure new repos in dom0 by adding configuration files
under /etc/yum.repos.d, but if you're still getting up to speed with Qubes
I would recommend against it, and would absolutely recommend against it for
production use for repos that you don't trust explicitly or control.

K.
-