Hi,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 01:21:23PM +0100, I wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 07:00:58PM +0900, Jin-oh Kang wrote:
> > libvirtd tried to assign the USB controller to a VM, and the USB controller
> > was already attached to the driver (xhci-pci) in dom0. The bug was
> > triggered while the driver was detaching itself.
> > Try one of the following:
> >
> > - Temporarily detach the USB controller from the VM.
> > - Blacklist the xhci-pci driver in dom0. (create a .conf file with line
> > "blacklist xhci-pci" in /etc/modprobe.d)
> I will try blacklisting the xhci-pci as you suggested above and report
> later, whether this made a difference.

I have tried the second suggestion: At first this made no difference.
The kernel-latest (5.13) was still rebooting itself.
I took me a while to figure out that additionally I had to recreate
the initramfs belonging to this kernel using the following commands::

  sudo mkinitrd new_initramfs-5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.img \
                                  5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64
  sudo mv initramfs-5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.img \
          initramfs-5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.img.orig
  sudo mv new_initramfs-5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.img \
              initramfs-5.13.6-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64.img

Afterwards I was able to boot into the new kernel.  However now I had
to use the builtin keyboard of my laptop to enter the LUKS-Passphrase.
After startup of the sys-usb qube the external keyboard becomes usable
again.

Furthermore me and also some others in our german language Qubes-OS
user group noticed a new effect: After typing Enter in the LUKS passphrase
input field for some fractions of a second some blinking pixel gibberish
appears above the passphrase input field just before the screen
is cleared.

Neither of these problems were/are present in the stable kernel
vmlinuz-5.4.143-1.fc25.qubes.x86_64 I installed August 27th this year.
So I think those effects could be considered as regressions.

Best regards, Peter Funk
--
Peter Funk; Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
homeoffice phone: +49-4222-950270