On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 5:49 PM Floyd <fl...@bauernhof.us> wrote:

> On 1/18/22 7:09 AM, 'Rune Philosof' via qubes-users wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 1:24 PM 'awokd' via qubes-users <
> qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> 'Rune Philosof' via qubes-users:
>> > Why not use fedora 35 for dom0?
>> > Wouldn't it make it easier to maintain, while also getting better
>> hardware
>> > support?
>> >
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/faq/#why-is-dom0-so-old
>>

> Security is the core of Qubes, not convenience or bells and whistles.
> There are, generally speaking, fewer surprises with mature versions.
>
> There was a saying in IT of which I often reminded my employees and
> colleagues - I don't mind being on the bleeding edge, as long as it's not
> the client's blood. Update that to today's reality - I don't mind being on
> the bleeding edge, as long as it's not my blood.

Those are good arguments.

However, I am testing out 4.1 and looking a bit into the cause of the bugs
I see (loading the coredumps in gdb).

I find my motivation for using time on getting to the bottom of the errors
dropping because there is a chance that the errors are already fixed in
newer versions.

How hard it would be for me to test it out on newer versions, I wonder.

It would be nice if Qubes was something you could add to an existing
installation.