David Hobach wrote:
There can be multiple reasons for a slower 4.1 experience. Known ones are:

1. CPU runs at ~800 MHz or so [1]
2. You're a file pool user. File pools were serialized in 4.1, likely dropping their performance by ~30-50%. [2]
3. Possibly further issues in 4.1 [2].

[1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4604

If 4604 was my issue my understanding is that i would have experienced performance issues on 4.0 as well.

[2] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/7075

I have read through 7075 but i am still distilling the info. It does sound like i may be affected by the same issue.

What makes this debacle so uncomfortable is the fact that time spent waiting is cumulative and at the end of the day it adds up to a lot of time wasted.

Anyway it seems that just a few users are affected. Others report 8s VM startup performance or less (see forum).

I will try and make time to run some additional tests with the help of the scripts you provided in your detailed 7075 bug report. Would you mind sending me your updated scripts?

Thanks a lot for pointing these out to me.