On 8/9/22 11:11, Demi Marie Obenour wrote:
On Mon, Aug 08, 2022 at 11:29:57PM +0200, Ulrich WIndl wrote:
Hi!

I have a problem 8-(

After using Qubes OS after a longer break, I tried to install all updates.
That worked for all template VMs except debian-11. Even when re-trying after
all the rest was updated and the system rebooted, it won't work.

Even worse I can start a debian-11-based app VM, but I cannot launch any
program there. Even "qvm-run debian-11 gnome-terminal" fails.

I have saved the lengthy protocol of the first attempt, however (attached).

It seems the problem was:

Unpacking thunderbird (1:91.12.0-1~deb11u1) over (1:91.8.0-1~deb11u1) ...
                         dpkg: error processing archive
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-GfbHjN/38-thunderbird_1%3a91.12.0-1~deb11u1_amd64.deb
(--unpack):
                          cannot copy extracted data for
'./usr/share/thunderbird/omni.ja' to
'/usr/share/thunderbird/omni.ja.dpkg-new': failed to write (No space left on
device)
                         dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by
signal (Broken pipe)

Note: It's not pool00 that is full. How can I recover from this?

(I'm still at Qubes OS 4.0. I wanted to install the last updates, then
backup, then try upgrading to 4.1)

You don’t actually need to install the latest updates first, FYI.  I
suggest just upgrading.

This particular problem means that your debian-11 template’s privage
volume is full.  Growing it via the GUI should fix it.

I went the way via updating to 4.1.1, causing a downtime for a few weeks 8-( I'm only using Qubes OS occasionally, so I did most work using other OSes...

Ulrich