On 10/28/22 19:52, 'Stuart Perkins' via qubes-users wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 09:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
Scat <redfoxc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Update:
- I typed: xfce4-panel into the Dom0 terminal
- I received errors in the Dom0 terminal and as mentioned the Task bar
appeared

It didn't survive a reboot of my computer. I typed:  xfce4-panel into Dom0
it appeared...

I had a similar problem with the desktop wallpaper under Qubes 4.0.  It went
away after doing something similar.

For a working journaled filesystem I'd expect that only items that were changed while the power failed would disappear (when the incomplete transaction is undone). Looks like some bug. Maybe your disks use local caching or some other volatile write-back cache (known to fail with journaled filesystems)?

Regards,
Ulrich

Stuart