Hi All, I'm new to NTP, glad to meet you here.

I did some experiments to test NTP performance on WINNT. In an
isolated network, two machines are inter connnected with a switcher.
Machine A is configure as a stratum 12 NTP server, using lcl as
reference clock; machine B is sychronized to machine A. Then, 'ntpq -
p' is performed on machine B every 16 seconds. The output of ntpq is
cooked by a python script and offset field is recorded to log file.
After about 2 hours, I check the log file and found the offset value
is 4 ~ 8 ms. Is this normal? I mean if things are properly done, how
small the offset I can expect? Thanks.

The OS is Windows XP Pro SP3 and NTP software is 4.2.4-p7 from
mainberg.
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/windows/ntp-4.2....@copenhagen-o-win32-setup.exe