> The only thing interleaved modes avoid is the queuing, buffering and
> transmission latencies on the local operating system, driver and
> interface card.  It doesn't suppress errors due to network latencies.

Hmmmph.  Yes, I see this now.  Sorry I was confused earlier.

As for the mysterious 8- to 10-msec discrepancy between my GPS clock
and Stanford's campus NTP infrastructure, it turns out that Stanford's
existing TrueTime GPS clock is old and is being phased out.  My clock
agrees very closely with a new Meinberg GPS clock which will become
the new campus refclock soon.

--
Rich Wales  /  ri...@richw.org  /  ri...@stanford.edu
Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales