>>> In article <hce9je$n4...@news.eternal-september.org>, David Woolley
>>> <da...@ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> writes:

David> Could I suggest limiting release candidates to one a week.  Very few
David> people will have time to deal with them in less than about a week.

As others have said, you are free to deal with these, or not, as you choose.

The goal here is to get 4.2.6 ready for release ASAP.

That means that once there have been no significant changes for at least a
couple of weeks' time (I worry far less about how long it has been for an
"insignificant change") it will be time to release.  Basically, I want
enough "quiet" time after a release that we're all comfortable.

I'm not going for "perfect" but I do want something that is closer to
"excellent" than "good".

David> I'd deduce from the large number of recent "release candidates" that
David> the code is actually some way from being ready to release.

You'd be wrong (IMO).  You could also read the part of each announcement
that says "what is new in this release".

But one person's signal is another person's noise.
--
Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!