Hi David,

OK, you've convinced me. I've put noselect on the GPS and taken it away on the New York NIST server. The NY NIST server is now preferred and polling from 1 - 4 minutes. Hopefully they won't ban me for hitting it too often. I think the NIST server will have more jitter, particularly as the polling interval increases, but we'll see what happens.

Sincerely,

Ron

It will be interesting to see what difference that makes, Ron, and I look forward to seeing the graphs.

Personally, I saw little to choose between the various Internet servers you had, and I would have allowed four or five to be selected rather than just one, as that would not then leave NTP open to failure of the one server, and it would allow NTP to select what It believes to be the best.