"Terje Mathisen" <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> wrote in message news:is9e39-6ve2....@ntp6.tmsw.no...
[]
You should never accept much more than 10:1 speed difference between down and up.

Terje

"Should" - I agree. But in the UK from Virgin Media I have 30 Mb/s down, 1 Mb/s up. I have been promised an upload speed increase about 18 months ago to 2 Mb/s up, which is more sensible, but that increase hasn't yet been delivered. I am also promised an increase within the next year which doubles my existing speeds, giving 60 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up. Not ideal, but I prefer cable to ADSL.

No wonder I have four GPS devices connected to 5 PCs!  <G>