"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net> wrote in message
[]
Since this is an "all volunteer" service, the fastest, and maybe the only, way to get this enhancement is to write the code yourself! If you lack programming skills you could try paying someone to do it.

Richard,

I do have programming skills, just not in this language. But it's not just programming skills - it's understanding the architecture of NTP as well. Which bit to alter - and that was not obvious in this case. You will find that I have contributed quite a lot to NTP in terms of monitoring utilities, and in many hours of testing. With Dave Hart's help, I even managed to get NTP to compile once on my Windows system, but with my level of C skills you would not want any of my C code in a production release!

Fortunately, someone has now done the programming work, as the requirement is not just mine alone.