On 9/12/2012 2:34 PM, unruh wrote:
On 2012-09-12, Ulf Samuelsson <u...@invalid.com> wrote:
Anyone knows if there are any available Linux based S/W to test the
throughput of NTP servers?
I.E:

        packets per second?
        % of lost packets
        etc?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

I hope not. I can just see someone deciding to test one of the stratum 1
main servers (eg at the usno) Why in the world would you want this?

Sigh! I'm sure it has happened and will happen again! I'm sure that there are people complaining to the National Bureau of Standards or
the Naval Observatory that their time is incorrect! ;-)

If you really want time with better than micro-second accuracy, consider get a GPS Timing receiver. The one I bought several years
ago claimed 50 nanosecond plus or minus of the correct time.

  • [ntp:questions... Ulf Samuelsson
    • Re: [ntp:... Chuck Swiger
    • Re: [ntp:... unruh
      • Re: [... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... Richard B. Gilbert
        • R... unruh
        • R... Ulf Samuelsson
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... Terje Mathisen
            • ... Rick Jones
              • ... Terje Mathisen
            • ... Ulf Samuelsson