On 2/18/2013 10:27 AM, Steve Kostecke wrote:
On 2013-01-19, unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:

Mischanko posts a long post with a single line, saying he wants help
in finding a news poster which will break lines for him. He has one.
Himself. It is entirely possible to put in line breaks manually, which
I, sarcastically I admit, pointed out to him. Not putting in line
breaks is NOT primarily a news posting problem. It is a user problem.

According to the headers in your article(s) you are using the slrn
newsreader. So all you have to do to make long lines of text readable is
touch the 'w' key while you're reading the offending article.

And what do you do if you are not using the "slrn" newsreaders.

I have an "Enter" key on my keyboard and I use it!  It doesn't seem to
me to be "rocket science" to use an "Enter" key, or a "Return" key somewhere between 1 and 120 characters. Most PCs, terminals or printers should be able to render it.

Most of the "horrible examples" seem to be using MicroSoft malware.
In one case I noticed fairly recently, the offender seemed to have
cut and pasted from MicroSoft Word or a similar product.  Presumably,
some MicroSoft product will render it so you can read it. The problem there is that a lot of people are not using Microsoft products for all tasks. MicroSoft is EXPENSIVE. There are alternatives that some of us use to avoid bankruptcy!