Hi again Robert,

On 03/28/2013 04:22 AM, Robert Scott wrote:
On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 02:50:17 GMT, unruh<un...@invalid.ca>  wrote:
You really should read my posts before responding.  No, I do not
intend to hard-code NIST or any other server.  I never said I wanted
to.  No, the app is not intended for all musicians.  It is intended
for professional piano tuners only.  I sell about one per day.  And I
never said the pool would not be good enough for my needs.  I only
asked about the relative benefits of the pool vs. NIST, which "E-mail
sent...Blacklists" answered very nicely.

There is no real benefit in using either, rather you should use the mix of servers which gives you good confidence in removing false-tickers as well as good precision due to use of short distances.

Look at the NTP code and book, as many of the filtering steps aims at removing noise which polute the time and frequency errors. Do the to-way time-transfer.

Cheers,
Magnus