On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Martin Burnicki
<martin.burni...@meinberg.de> wrote:
> Since current Linux kernels *do* support PPS, and timepps.h is a valid
> interface to use it, does anyone know *why* timepps.h isn't in the standard
> set of header files for Linux, and is never going to be?

The Debian maintainers think it's the job of the kernel developers to
provide it and the kernel developers [my speculation, the result of
reading between the lines] think it's redundant because it's just a
wrapper (syntactic sugar) around the real API.

Maybe they covertly agree that since NTP is (perhaps) the only
software using the RFC-style interface it should provide timepps.h