On 27/02/15 10:54, catherine.wei1...@gmail.com wrote:
> However, when I run ntpq :
> ~ # ntpq
> ntpq> :config addserver 192.168.1.101 minpoll 3 maxpoll 4 burst
> Keyid: 5
> MD5 Password:(password corresponding to keyid 5 in /etc/ntp.keys)
> ***Server disallowed request (authentication?)
>
> I don't know why this happens? Do I need some other configurations? Thank you
> so much.

I found that the permissions on the ntp.keys file matter. They should be
600.

(I wrote all this in my email to you and the list on the 11th of Feb;
both points (that you need a controlkey and that you need to set the
permissions on the keys file) were included).

Final point: when you're done and you got it working, throw away your
keys file and generate a new-one, because now everybody in the world
knows your keys.

HTH, Jan