Hi,

I asked my original question to see if the process could be improved.

For instance, it would be good if there was direct pointers to the various distributions page where packaging state and availability for various releases would be shown and updates. This is what can be found for several other security bug scenarios. Especially for security updates, it is more important for coordinating the efforts and help showing how this is handed off. While each party have their responsibility, they way things coordinate can be important for how smooth the upgrade becomes for the users. I wanted to just ask about it to see if there is improvements to be done.

For the moment, I don't have 4.2.8p10 available in my version of distro (Debian testing). Packaging is important to many, so this is to illustrate possible improvements.

MVH
Magnus