Hey Maurício,

* Maurício Habert <m2hab...@gmail.com> [2016-10-05 13:35:49 -0300]:
>     > That means the script was found, but exited with that status.
>
>     The "umpv" script works fine when called from the terminal. But, from
> within QB, :messages print out a bunch of error from Mac OS's phython 2
> framewors:
>
> [...]
> Process stderr:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/m2habert/¶bin/umpv", line 91, in <module>
>     subprocess.check_call(opts)
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py",
>  line 535, in check_call
>     retcode = call(*popenargs, **kwargs)
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py",
>  line 522, in call
>     return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py",
>  line 710, in __init__
>     errread, errwrite)
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py",
>  line 1326, in _execute_child
>     os.close(errpipe_read)
> OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

That's very odd! It looks like umpv does *something* different when
invoked from qutebrowser, and fails.

Could you please open an issue in the bugtracker?
https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues

Then we can try to track this down there - though I'm not sure yet
whether that's a qutebrowser, a Python or a umpv bug.

That seems to be unrelated: http://bugs.python.org/issue26083

Also, I just need to leave http://imgur.com/To3DQ6J here :D

>     I, you probably guessed, followed the easiest path and installed QB
> thru the mac ".dmg" package. Only now I went back to see all that huge list
> of dependecies.

That should be fine. The .dmg contains all needed dependencies.

>     So, I figure, "gotta macport the newest Python" (which I don't know
> shit about, of course).
>
>     I've just used your macport direction (' sudo port install python34
> py34-jinja2 asciidoc py34-pygments py34-pyqt5 '); problem / error log still
> persists.
>
>     ¿Should I re-install QB thru macport? (' sudo pip3.4 install
> qutebrowser ' ) ??

It'd be interesting for the bug report to know if it happens when
installed like that as well.

When you use the .dmg with the dependencies installed, the .dmg is
still going to use the bundled ones.

Florian

--
http://www.the-compiler.org | m...@the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)