This doesn't directly answer your question, but on a per-visit basis you can
also press "i" to go into insert mode and the j/k keypresses will be sent
through. This is what I do when I go to ddg, I press "i" immediately and then
use it as normal.

Excerpts from George's message of January 14, 2017 1:46 pm:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick replies (and thank you Mr. Compiler
for your great work on this, love the browser).

I'm aware of the solutions that you suggested, I was just wondering if
it was possible to have a per-domain situation. For instance, in
pentadactyl I would have something like this in my rc file:

set passkeys=mail.google.com:jpnkraelyx<CR>,gi,gs,ga,gt,gl,gd,?,/,#

set passkeys=calendar.google.com:jkqmwt/<CR>

I think something similar would be very useful, as there are many
websites that offer keyboard shortcuts, google {mail, calendar},
fastmail, duckduckgo, etc.

Should i open an issue in github to request this?

Best,

George