Hi,

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 01:29:03PM -0300, Javier Ayres wrote:
> I would love to see servo working with qutebrowser (once it is stable,
> which I think is far from) or even gecko

Gecko is pretty much unusable outside of Firefox AFAIK - I'm not aware
of any projects using it as a standalone engine, and even projects which
kind-of did (Conkeror[1] using Firefox' xulrunner) died when Mozilla
deprecated that.

[1] http://conkeror.org/
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/Mozilla/XULRunner

> Also thanks for the links to related projects. I've been toying with the
> idea of writing something like that but failed to find enough documentation
> to even get started.

FWIW there's also a project which tried to write a vim-like browser
using servo, but it seems to have died quickly:
https://github.com/meh/miserve

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | m...@the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)