James, u wrote:
The typical reason why they don't open is if something else has
already opened it.

I know. & that's what I've been looking for, thus far w/o success.

Johnny, please again open HighjackThis, but, instead of scan & save a
log file, please tab to the misc tools section, open that w/your
spacebar or enter key, then tab once to startup list log. Send me that
off list, please. Thanks. You've been really patient & cooperative.

Ray, since you're havin similar difficulties, u might wanna get
HighjackThis from
www.trendmicro.com
& do likewise.

I personally would like to see the list lively, but not cuz of stuff
that isn't workin lol. This is enough to make the preacher cuss, much
less his poor wife--I don't *even* stand a chance lol.