Dear Marc
I remember having exactly the same crash! I tried to wrok virtual on a mac and
with windows xp.
I changed to windows 7 in vmware and that solved the problem.
Although it should also work under XP it didn't.
I was so happy that it worked with windows 7 that I never  did more research.
From then on (4 years) it works fantastic!
Best.

Bert van den Brink
Address: