It's painfully obvious that QWS is getting old. And, newer versions of Windows don't like old software very much!

Since QWS is not actively maintained. I guess its time to find a new music/MIDI creation software. But! REAPER is not the answer because it is too complicated to use. And, there is no real good simple alternative to QWS to be found!

It's very sad to see a good piece of software grow long in the tooth!

Developers of open source software have the very bad habit of falling out of love with their software/projects! So, QWS will at some point stop running on any computer. So, once again blind people get kicked in the teeth!

Sorry this is not helpful at all. But, maybe, at some point someone who wants to keep QWS alive will read this and decide to keep QWS going!