From: ny...@gypsyheir.com
Date: 05/07/21 23:22
To: qws@AndreLouis.COM
Subject: RE: QWS List QWS suddenly refuses to start

Patience. QWS isn't abandoned. James has just been focused on something else for a bit. He's got a long list of suggestions for improvements. (I know, I wrote several of them from experiences with other sequencers and regular use over time) But it's a one person shop.

What would help is as much information as possible about what's happening. I prefer to let those having the problem ask elsewhere because they know what's going on with their system and the problem and they can implement fixes suggested far faster than I can. So it'd be good for someone having this problem to go to one of the What's App groups or the Midimag lists to ask there.

And though some programs can run into snags with later operating systems, that's not always the case. For example, Cardfile, a Windows 3.1 accessory, still runs on Windows 7 and I suspect will still run on Windows 10. Hammerhead, a beats creation program, also still runs fine too. It's not a universal truth that legacy software is always abandonware.

Sent from my HAL 9000 in transit to Jupiter