I think I understand what you're looking for, but it's nontrivial and
should really be another function, like
  findAllMethods(class, functions)

If showMethods() were extended in this way but consistent with its
behavior now, you would potentially get a mess (and do a lot of
computation).  Any method with "ANY" in any element of its signature
qualifies (in particular, all default methods).  And if you said
inherited=TRUE, but did NOT give a limiting class---!

I think the definition you want is to find all methods for which one of
the superclasses of "B" appears explicitly in a signature, but excluding
"ANY" from the superclasses used.  That's quite a different (and longer)
calculation than showMethods() does, but could indeed be useful.