It's not a simple serialization issue, but related to the initial
computations when a saved image is reloaded at the start of a session,
so the implication is less general than you imply.

If you move the saved image to another file, say "savedImage", then:

 > load("savedImage")
 > library(urca)
 > showMethods("summary")
Function: summary (package base)
object="ANY"
object="ca.jo"
object="ca.po"
object="cajo.test"
object="ur.df"
object="ur.ers"
object="ur.kpss"
object="ur.pp"
object="ur.sp"
object="ur.za"

and summary(lc.df) then works as expected.

So the workaround, other than inserting all the import(methods), etc.
you can think of, seems to be to save/load explicitly.