On 7/2/2008 10:05 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Full_Name: Magnus Torfason
Version: 2.7.0
OS: Windows Vista
Submission from: (NULL) (128.59.140.167)

Each time a string is edited in the data editor (on Windows at least), any pairs
of backslashes (an escaped backslash) are duplicated on each edit of the string.
Note that one must actually double click the value for the bug to show up.

Behavior/Replication:

# Create data frame
d=data.frame(a="\\")
# Edit data frame, and while editing, double click # value several times to edit (selecting something # different between each doubleclick)
d=edit(d)

Thanks for the report, I can reproduce it in 2.7.1 and R-devel, on Linux as well as Windows.

I think we really do want the double backslash to be displayed, so that what you are working on in the editor can contain escape sequences; the bug is that they are being treated literally after the edit.

I'll see if I can fix it.

Duncan Murdoch