On 9/15/2008 11:42 AM, hadley wickham wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way to determine which functions are available on which
platforms?  For example, winProgr essBar (and related functions) are
only available on Windows, but what about tkProgressBar and
txtProgressBar?  Is there any way to figure out which functions are
only available on certain platforms, without installing R on that
platform and checking?

Generally I think the only reliable way is to look at the source. Things in "windows" subdirs, or marked off with "#ifdef windows" (in Rd) or "#ifdef Win32" (in C) are for windows only. Probably our documentation should point out when something is platform-specific, and frequently it does, but I don't think it is completely consistent in this.

Duncan