Hi all,

I am having a problem trying to declare a slot representation to hold a file
connection.

With V2.8.0 I had been using:

setClass("Element",

    representation(

        [other slots removed],

        datafileConn    = setOldClass(c("file","connection"))

    )

)

This resulted in a warning but still ran okay.

No however with V2.9.0 I am getting an error:

Error in representation(state = "list", initialState = "list", polygons =
"list",  :

  element 12 of the representation was not a single character string

How can I declare a slot of the appropriate class?  The strings "connection",
"file" fail.

Troy

Troy Robertson

Database and Computing Support Provider

Southern Ocean Ecosystems, ERM/Fish

Australian Antarctic Division

Channel Highway, Kingston 7050

PH: 03 62323571

troy.robert...@aad.gov.au

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not
the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this
communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission
in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232
3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/