On 12/09/2010 12:04 PM, Wolfgang Huber wrote:
Hi Duncan

wouldn't it be possible that by default the Sweave.sty in share/texmf is found by 'R CMD build' for use by package vignettes without manual intervention?

Yes, it does work that way. What Hervé is talking about are cases where people use Makefiles to bypass the normal process.

Duncan Murdoch

AfaIcs this is also how it worked in the past.

Best wishes
          Wolfgang