Hi,

I came across the following warning in R CMD check (it only occurred on
Windows):

The \usage entries for S3 methods should use the \method markup and not
> their full name.
> See the chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
> Extensions'.

The package I'm looking at is one that I did not write which has 34 .Rd
files. This warning does not tell me which file to look in. It would be very
helpful if it did. Same goes for other warnings/errors produced by R CMD
check.

I also tried to narrow it down with tools:checkRd() but as I mentioned
earlier, this function does not produce the same output as R CMD check and
the same thing happens in the case of the warning above. I ran checkRd() on
all 34 .Rd files and did not see the warning above.

I'd worry that people might give up and not try and find the source of
warnings if it proves too difficult.
Thanks for considering this idea...
Dan