Hello:

I am building R 2.15.1 from source on a Windows 7 machine with the x64
toolset, MixTeX, and InnoSetup per
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/. I obtained the source for
2.15.1 via svn from https://svn.r-project.org/R/branches/R-2-15-branch/.
This is my first try building R from source. The build seems to go far,
then terminates with "undefined exports: .M.classEnv" from the Matrix
package, I believe. Here are the last few lines of the build session

Creating a generic function for 'qr.resid' from package 'base' in package
'Matrix'
Creating a generic function for 'qr.fitted' from package 'base' in package
'Matrix'
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) : undefined exports: .M.classEnv
Error : require(Matrix) is not TRUE
ERROR: installing package indices failed
* removing 'C:/Users/Dan/Documents/R-2.15.1/library/Matrix'
make[1]: *** [Matrix.ts] Error 1
make: *** [recommended] Error 2

Perhaps there are special settings I should be making in MkRules.local? My
only modification was MULTI = 64.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Murphy