On 1/31/2013 12:01 PM, Achim Zeileis wrote:
Michael:

CRAN task views are useful, but they seem difficult to write and maintain because the XML format is rather limited (no sectioning)

What type of sectioning would you like to have? In the HTML part, you can use the usual structuring tools like <h*>, <p>, etc. It's not
OK. I think you mean the <info> ... </info> section, where I failed to read the vignette sufficiently closely, which talks about
using HTML.

and the <packagelist> must be maintained manually.

Yes, but I recently started adding tools to help checking this. Hopefully I'll also get round to add some more convenience features for this.
and manually add to the <packagelist>

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods