... and they didn't make it through. I put the files in a gist:

https://gist.github.com/djvanderlaan/1e9beb75d2d595824efc

Jan

On 16-01-15 15:21, Jan van der Laan wrote:
Dirk,

The vagrant setup I use to test my packages with UBSAN also seems to
replicate the error reported by CRAN (together with some other
warnings). I have attached the files (I hope they get through the
filters). I suppose you know what to do with them.

Jan

Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org> schreef:

CRAN has a package of mine in upload limbo because it failed UBSAN.

I am not entirely ignorant on the topic of sanitizers and SAN / ASAN /
UBSAN;
we created not one but two Docker containers with ASAN and USBAN:

   https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/rocker/r-devel-san/
   https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/rocker/r-devel-ubsan-clang/

as well as predecessors to them in earlier Docker repos.

Yet I fail to recreate the errors reported by CRAN:

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/UBSAN-clang-trunk/RcppAnnoy/tests/runUnitTests.Rout

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/memtests/UBSAN/RcppAnnoy/tests/runUnitTests.Rout

I asked politely (and twice) for help with the corresponding compiler
configuration(s).  But CRAN is of course way above communicating with
mere
mortals such as yours truly.

So I have no recourse other than to spam all of you: if anybody here
has a
working UBSAN setup which can replicate the issue seen in the (rather
small)
RcppAnnoy package?

Erik (upstream for Annoy, CC'ed) and I would be most grateful.  We do not
like being held hostage on an error report we cannot replicate and for
which
we do not receive any help (or even further communication) whatsoever.

Dirk
about to turn into yet another frustrated CRAN user

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org